Monday, January 26, 2009

Final Strip...through violation comes insight.

When I first came to CalArts, and was hurting for money, i asked Andrea Bowers if I could help her with her work at her studio anticipating some upcoming exhibitions...there were several CalArts alum...Sade...Noah...Shizu...Shizu told me to be careful, that although CalArts was a good school, that she realized that "through violation comes insight". I carried that through my first year and now, in my final semester, I know what she means. I have isolated myself from the "in" crowd, from the biased and cloudy judgement of those in my class. I am going to do exactly what I want to do, and how I want to do it. I don't want to be asked where I am locating myself in art history..I just am in it, obviously...making art here and now..right?

I am going to make easy obvious, aesthetic work...yummy.

Eat it.

1 comment:

Vim Crony said...

Well, it's about time... I think.

Vim